Charlotte Street, Fitzrovia and Goodge Street offers a wide selection of restaurants and pubs situated within walking distance of the University. You can find out further information here. The University is approximately 10 minutes from Oxford Street and nearby Bond Street. Here you will be able to visit London's famous Selfridges and other recognised retail brands.
Alternatively if you fancy a leisurely walk in one of London’s most iconic green spaces, Regents Park is only a 10 minute walk from the University. Within the park you can relax by the lake, enjoy one of the many café’s or visit London Zoo.
We do advise people to buy a travelcard throughout their stay in London and for further information on fares and travelcards please visit Transport for London
Copied in below are a list of galleries that are within walking distance from the University.
- The British Library, 96 Euston Road, NW1 2DB (free entry) - King's Cross, St Pancras or Euston underground station
- British Museum, Great Russel Street, WC1B 3DG (free entry) - Tottenham Court Road or Holborn underground stations
- Brunei Gallery, SOAS, Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, WC1H 0XG (free entry) - Goodge Street or Russel Square underground stations
- The Charles Dickens Museum, 48 Doughty Street, WC1N 2LX - Russell Square underground station
Surprisingly, London is one of the greenest capitals in the world. London has numerous parks, heaths, gardens, etc for everyone to enjoy. Some of the most famous and largest ones are mentioned below:
- Regent's Park, Regent's Park, Baker Street and Great Portland Street underground stations
- Hyde Park and the Speaker's Corner, Hyde Park Corner, Marble Arch, Lancaster Gate, Queensway and Knightsbridge underground stations
- Green Park, Hyde Park and Green Park underground stations
- St James's Park, St James's Park underground station
Theatres and Galleries
There are over 200 shows taking place in London in all styles and genres for everyone to enjoy and to find a show during your stay in London, follow the link